Total Pageviews

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

subject - I rejoice in the turn /Happy Heart day!



subject - I rejoice in the turn /Happy Heart day!
Today is my anniversary. Not my wedding anniversary, but the anniversary of my first, and last, heart attack.

One year ago today When I went for my morning walk in Kodai Hills with Prof.Raju this happened.

After a brief walk in the mountains of Kodai hills, first feeling was completely run down and then feeling like I couldn’t move and finally feeling the worst pain I have ever before felt in my chest, neck and jaw, I came to the realization that something was very, very wrong. I was having a heart attack.
It’s hard to believe one year ago, I was taken from the emergency room into the cath lab with 95% blockages (LAD) at the ripe ole age of 56, without ever having any symptoms of CAD. I will not say it’s been easy, as I have not felt the “same” since. I hear stories of people who have had caths and stents who feel so much better, but that is not my story. Going from one test to another was really difficult, not to mention the depression I was experiencing that my life would never be the same

As I look back over the past year, I look back with celebration and gratitude.

I am grateful that I am alive. The first 3 months, I counted by the week. The next 6 months, I counted by the month. Then 3 months to 1 year. Similarly important have been the visits to the cardiologist which were at 4 months and 6 months and the next will be at 18 months'
I thank God for my wife as she has stayed with me through thick and thin

I am thankful that I was lucky to end up at a great hospital with fantastic doctors and nurses that kept me alive. I will be forever indebted to the people who figured out how to implant a stent into my artery and for the surgeon who dedicated his practice to this procedure. I am appreciative of the medications that I take that have lowered my blood
pressure and cholesterol numbers to healthy levels.

Love to all you wonderful persons who supported me this past year.
It is impossible to express my deep appreciation for the emergency care i received from my good friend Pradeep chairmen,AUI Kodai) who rushed me to the best hospital at Kodai,DR.Vivekananad of Kodaimediacl center, Dr,Subburaman of Apollo madurai, Dr.Subramnaiam of Apollo.Chennai [Pre and Post Surgery] in the Cardiac Cath Lab. Their concern and compassion were genuine and heart-felt.

I celebrate my life style changes.
I rejoice in the turn around of the ways I deal with stress. I am adopting new habits for managing the stress that comes with living. I look forward to opportunities to practice my patience with others. I listen to people with an open heart and look for the commonalities in our beliefs. When someone is frustrated with me, I am thankful for the feedback they are giving me and find new ways that I can improve

Today, as I celebrate my anniversary, I will set new goals for the coming year.

I don't look at them with fear because I know that I am being so closely looked after now by my loving wife and childrens that it's highly unlikely that my heart will take me through the ER doors again on an ambulance Journey from Kodai hills to Madurai Apollo fighting for my life.

So, I celebrate these days ... maybe a little more than my own birthday now ... but I don't dread them. They are evidence of something good that happened to me in response to something bad. A lot of the bad things that have happened in my life couldn't be fixed and they were a lot more minor than this.
.
There are many positives to my heart scare, including my 12 kg weight loss, by eating what I eat (much healthier) and exercising more. I went from a size of 36 inches down to a size 3o!(waist size)
I exercise daily and feel so much better. My cholestoral levels are great. So, I continue to do what works for me

No comments:

Post a Comment